Monday, September 12, 2011

Proverbs 16:3

Well, it looks like once again I’ve slacked off on my blogging. As stated in my first entry, I only promised to do my best. I am consistent to the fact that every blog entry has been written during my time in Nashville. I guess you could say I feel more inspired here, plus I have less distractions when sitting in a hotel room!

I was thinking earlier that at this time last year I had never even been to Tennessee. Now I have made over a dozen trips to Nashville and with every visit I become more encouraged and inspired. I keep wondering what kept me away for so long. At the risk of sounding too deep for a second blog entry, I will say that it was fear. The fear of failure more than anything.

Everyone has their own way of overcoming their fears. I found it encouraging that the first thing to pop up in my twitter feed this morning was a friend's post with the verse Proverbs 16:3

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans."

I am blessed to be able to pursue my passion in life. I am confident that God will continue to lead me where he wants me. In the meantime I'm enjoying the ride and excited to see where I land next.

2 comments:

  1. didn't realise you were blogging now....will check in more often now that I know that. you can also post your blog articles directly to FB, as well as other little hints...let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...just checked back to see if there were any new updates...thought I would share a favorite quote of mine...

    Life isn't about how you survive the storm but how you dance in the rain...

    ReplyDelete